Fusion’s success has resulted in significant and sustained growth over the past few years, with a new member of staff being recruited every three weeks to meet demand to deliver services.
We are committed to nurturing a future-focused learning environment. Supporting our learning journeys is Fusion’s fantastic HR programme designed and managed by Helen Cartwright from Engage Partners.
SFIA Powerful Skills Framework for the IT Sector
This is matched with Fusion’s own Fusion Intern Pathway to bring new young talent to the team, and help keep pace with our growth.
We are unequivocal that our staff are at the heart of our business – if we are successful then our partners and clients are successful. We use a framework based on SFIA (which describes and manages competencies for ICT professionals) to match the skills of the team to the needs of the business, and provide benchmarks for individual performance and ongoing skills development of staff.
We’ve also worked out exactly what it is that makes us so successful so when we’re recruiting we know what we’re looking for. Our engineers and our leaders all carry the same key traits and they’re detailed below in The Fusion Factor. You can see what we expect from staff, without exception. In return, we can each enjoy the journey of a Fusion Career.
Please see our current vacancies:
Exceptional Opportunity for a Sales Professional to Drive Growth in the South Island.
Take a leading role in our Network Engineering Team.
Our Field Engineering Team is growing, be part of this highly productive group of engineers.
HR, Engage Partners
To find out more about starting a Fusion Career, contact Helen and her team at Engage Partners on 0800 14 14 84 or send the contact form.
More about Helen Cartwright, HR
Fusion is unequivocal that its staff are at the heart of its business. Helen Cartwright, Director Engage Partners leads Fusion’s HR programme. Helen supports the Fusion attitude that if Fusion is successful then its partners and clients are successful. Her approach to recruitment begins with the company culture, understanding its Purpose and Values.
Based in Wellington, Helen has more than 25 years’ experience in the recruitment industry. She looks after all of Fusion’s HR needs and that keeps her busy, with a new employee being recruited every three weeks to meet demand to deliver services. She has designed and managed Fusion’s fantastic HR programme which nurtures a future-focused learning environment.
It is based on a SFIA framework ((The Skills Framework for the Information Age), a model that describes and manages competencies for ICT professionals, matching the skills of the team to the needs of the business, and providing benchmarks for individual performance and on-going skills development of staff.
The programme ensures that Helen and her team when recruiting staff to join Fusion know what they are looking for in terms of key traits. They are detailed below in The Fusion Factor.
In her spare time Helen is a keen athlete, in particular running marathons.
The traits that set our business apart, and that we expect all staff to actively practice and aspire to achieve.
Ownership – Advanced
- As a senior team member you will always accept the consequences of own performance and never lay blame.
- Furthermore you’ll be taking ownership of your own goals and performance, as well as contributing to the goals of others and to the wider Fusion team.
- You should derive satisfaction from seeing the team succeed and the customers delighted.
- We expect to see you work in collaboration with team members and take ownership of how the team behaves and the results it produces.
- To really take ownership you’ll seek feedback and if you need to you’ll modify your own behaviour or approach to improve your performance.
Client Focus – Advanced
- You’ll provide a sustained follow-up for all customer responsibilities, requests or issues.
- You be available where possible when your customer is going through a critical period.
- You’ll know how to uncover underlying needs that often go unspoken.
- You try to identify the future needs of the client, looking at their business issues, thinking outside the box not just to service the customer, but to improve the customer’s overall situation.
Attention to Detail – Advanced
- You will be confident and comfortable with the Fusion methodology for troubleshooting and escalating issues, and you will loop back around to ensure your solutions are appropriate and your customers are happy with their outcomes.
- You will be reprioritising as new deadlines are set and situations change to ensure all tasks are completed to satisfactory levels.
- You will seek guidance on the quality and the degree of completion required for new tasks and proactively look for feedback on customer satisfaction once complete.
- You will create improvement methods to reduce errors or oversights or patterns that you have observed.
Integrity – Expert
- Integrity is a vital part of our business.
- You must earn a high level of trust in relationships.
- You will show respect to others, you must adhere to the Fusion values and guidelines for conduct.
- Keeping commitments that you’ve made to others is vital, being open and honest, and ensuring your actions are consistent with words are minimum standards at Fusion.
- You must be honest; you must be respectful. You will never show no bias or tolerate prejudice.
- Your advice will be sound, based on successful outcomes, putting the customer first.
- Integrity is in the fabric of our DNA.