Implementing a sustained, comprehensive autonomous vehicle and transit pilot programme
Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) – models for New Zealand from the US.
The CCTA) has received permission from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) to test shared autonomous vehicles on public roads within the 600-acre Bishop Ranch business park, says
“We are leading a pilot demonstration project operating electric, low-speed, multi-passenger autonomous vehicles that are not equipped with a steering wheel, brake pedal, accelerator or operator.
“This positions us to be the first to fully implement a sustained, comprehensive autonomous vehicle and transit pilot program of this kind in the United States where autonomous vehicles will be sharing the road with drivers, pedestrians and cyclists.”
Read the full press release at: https://lnkd.in/dKWANVj
Posted on October 9, 2017
- LIFT OFF for Rocket Lab
- Baidu Sees Maps for Self-Driving Cars as Bigger Business Than Web Search
- Baidu Could Beat Google in Self-Driving Cars with a Totally Google Move
- Technology Predictions for 2018: The End of the Beginning
- Happy Christmas from Fusion!
- Where ‘Made in China’ Means Flying Cars and Automated Pharmacies