Implementing a sustained, comprehensive autonomous vehicle and transit pilot programme
Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) – models for New Zealand from the US.
The CCTA) has received permission from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) to test shared autonomous vehicles on public roads within the 600-acre Bishop Ranch business park, says
“We are leading a pilot demonstration project operating electric, low-speed, multi-passenger autonomous vehicles that are not equipped with a steering wheel, brake pedal, accelerator or operator.
“This positions us to be the first to fully implement a sustained, comprehensive autonomous vehicle and transit pilot program of this kind in the United States where autonomous vehicles will be sharing the road with drivers, pedestrians and cyclists.”
Read the full press release at: https://lnkd.in/dKWANVj
Posted on October 9, 2017
- Electric Scooters Are Causing Havoc. This Man Is Shrugging It Off.
- Public cloud spending skyrockets as SaaS shines
- “ITS – Quality of Life”, the 25th ITS World Congress is in Copenhagen this year
- NZ public transport poised for makeover with nationwide ticketing, contactless payment
- National tech competition for school students launches today
- Report of future skills for an intelligent transport systems environment in 2035