Hackfest. The Big Shift Education.
Do you have skills & passion to help inspire generations into Science, Technology, Engineering, [Arts] & Maths? Are you a Developer? Join us! We need you.
“We’ve chatted with many companies and more and more organisations are giving their staff corporate volunteer days, but they often remain unused. Some of the organisations we’ve talked to say there is only about a 25% uptake of the volunteering days & we think that’s a missed opportunity.
Welcome to The Big Shift Education. We are a collaborative movement of for-profit and social-profit organisations, creating, focusing and accelerating opportunities for social impact in education in Aotearoa New Zealand.
Our first collaboration is Voluntari.ly – a platform that connects schools with corporate volunteers and short tech course content. The new Digital Technology Curriculum launched in December 2017.
Schools are expected to be teaching to the curriculum by 2020. There are training programmes (for teachers) dotted around the country but to truly excite…with new material, they need expert voices in the room, connecting them with a real-world context.”
Saturday and Sunday, 08/09 December
Civic Building, 33 Manukau Station Road,
Manukau, Auckland 2104
This is about creating digitally-ready & future-fit kids today, for a more prosperous, capable & well Aotearoa New Zealand tomorrow!
Posted on November 28, 2018
- The 7 forces that will change the way you work
- Kerry Topp This weekend’s Hackfest #TheBigShift #Voluntarily
- #Hackfest: Voluntari.ly working with experts to support innovative education in the classroom.
- Race Is On to Protect Data From Next Leap in Computers. And China Has the Lead.
- Hackfest. The Big Shift Education.
- PWC Digital Trust Insights Report 2018 – Building trust is a journey worth taking