Cyberattacks Skyrocketed in 2018. Are You Ready for 2019?
We have seen a 350% increase in ransomware attacks, a 250% increase in spoofing or business email compromise (BEC) attacks and a 70% increase in spear-phishing attacks in companies overall.
…Read this report from Industry Week.
Risks have grown significantly around cyberattacks, information breaches from third-party vendors and information theft (i.e., personal identifiable information, intellectual property and trade secrets).
To further complicate the cyberthreat landscape, the threat actors are increasingly integrating their efforts between nation-state cyberattack groups, criminal cyberattack groups and hacktivists, resulting in more sophisticated cyberattacks on manufacturers—especially companies tied to critical infrastructure industries.
Manufacturers must focus on three key aspects of cybersecurity:
1. Protecting their business information systems, including email.
2. Guarding their manufacturing information systems , including computer-aided-design and computer-aided-manufacturing (CAD/CAM) systems, as well as securing production machinery.
3. Securing their products that include software and/or internet-connected devices.
Posted on January 7, 2019
- Devices That Will Invade Your Life in 2019 (and What’s Overhyped)
- Cyberattacks Skyrocketed in 2018. Are You Ready for 2019?
- What Google Learned From Its Quest to Build the Perfect Team
- Top 5 Predictions for Federal IT in 2019
- The world’s most valuable resource is no longer oil, but data
- Are you tech ready for 2019?