Cyberattacks Skyrocketed in 2018. Are You Ready for 2019?
We have seen a 350% increase in ransomware attacks, a 250% increase in spoofing or business email compromise (BEC) attacks and a 70% increase in spear-phishing attacks in companies overall.
…Read this report from Industry Week.
Risks have grown significantly around cyberattacks, information breaches from third-party vendors and information theft (i.e., personal identifiable information, intellectual property and trade secrets).
To further complicate the cyberthreat landscape, the threat actors are increasingly integrating their efforts between nation-state cyberattack groups, criminal cyberattack groups and hacktivists, resulting in more sophisticated cyberattacks on manufacturers—especially companies tied to critical infrastructure industries.
Manufacturers must focus on three key aspects of cybersecurity:
1. Protecting their business information systems, including email.
2. Guarding their manufacturing information systems , including computer-aided-design and computer-aided-manufacturing (CAD/CAM) systems, as well as securing production machinery.
3. Securing their products that include software and/or internet-connected devices.
Posted on January 7, 2019
- Ninth Annual Cost of Cybercrime Study – Accenture Report
- Strength through Simplification: Taming Cyber Security Complexity in 2019
- ‘Everyone is spying on everyone’ – Expert’s warning over increase in cyber attacks
- “Australia gains the top score on regulations supportive of AVs” according to KPMG
- Fusion’s response on reforming vocational education and training
- The next big thing has arrived – and it’s smarter than humans